LEARN ABOUT GLASS TYPES
Learn about glass types is extremely beneficial and here at True Blue Glass, the broken glass & aluminium specialists, we like to not only provide outstanding service to our customers when fixing their broken windows, louvres, pool fences and shower screen.
We also like to pass on tips and knowledge to our customers so that they may understand the products they’re choosing from and what options they have when selecting a product for repair or replacement.
New innovations in glass have been impressive over the last 10-15 years and we can now offer some great choices for customers looking for particular performance features in their glass.
Some of the more popular products being those that reduce noise and/or UV penetration. Below are some questions you may want to consider if you are interested in these products:
- What is the best way to maximise natural light?
- How can you reduce the discomfort of winter cold and summer heat?
- How to be secure without building a fortress?
- How to limit UV fading of furnishings but not create dark gloomy rooms?
- How to reduce noise levels without shrinking the windows?
- How to lower energy consumption and still be comfortable?
Energy efficiency is one of the most talked about issues in the industry today,
it is important to understand that the range of glass that you can choose from for your windows may be specified and controlled by the need to meet Government mandated energy performance for residential buildings.
This does not mean that you cannot also gain other benefits, or achieve energy efficiency beyond what the Government mandates.
BELOW ARE THE THREE MOST COMMON TYPES OF GLASS USED IN HOMES AND BUSINESSES TODAY: