LEARN ABOUT GLASS TYPES
Learn about glass is extremely beneficial area here at True Blue Glass, the broken glass & aluminium specialists.
We like to not only provide outstanding service to our customers when fixing their broken windows, louvres, pool fences and shower screens.
We also like to pass on tips and knowledge to our customers so that they may understand the products they’re choosing from and what options they have when selecting a product for repair or replacement.
New innovations in glass have been impressive over the last 10-15 years
And can now offer some great choices for customers looking for particular performance features in their glass.
Some of the more popular products being those that reduce noise and/or UV penetration. Below are some questions you may want to consider if you are interested in these products:
- What is the best way to maximise natural light?
- Can you reduce the discomfort of winter cold and summer heat?
- Make you home secure without building a fortress?
- How to limit UV fading of furnishings but not create dark gloomy rooms?
- Can I reduce noise levels without shrinking the windows?
- How to lower energy consumption and still be comfortable?
Energy efficiency is one of the most talked about issues in the industry today,
it is important to understand that the range of glass that you can choose from may be determined on where it is situated in your home.
This does not mean that you cannot also gain other benefits, or achieve energy efficiency beyond what the Australian glass standards mandate.
BELOW ARE THE THREE MOST COMMON TYPES OF GLASS USED IN HOMES AND BUSINESSES TODAY: